Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Triumph Rocket III - Roadster ABS
With the world’s biggest production motorcycle engine the latest Rocket III Roadster builds on the huge performance of the original Rocket III but now with even more torque.
The 2.3 litre, three-cylinder engine is designed to be an arm-wrenching thrill to ride, yet easy and unintimidating too, despite its thunderous roar. Its sweet handling chassis, rigid frame and sophisticated suspension gives you the confidence to sweep through corners and change direction with an agility that belies this Roadsters size.
The latest Rocket III features blackened components including radiator cowls, rear mudguard rails, airbox cover, fork protectors, and mirrors giving our Roadster an even more menacing look.
There's nothing else like it out there, not to look at, nor to ride.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 2294cc
- Bore/Stroke: 101.6 mm / 94.3 mm
- Compression: 8.7:1
- Max Power EC: 148 hp (109 kW) 5,750 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 163 ft. lb. (221 Nm) 2,750 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with twin butterflies and progressive linkage on primary butterflies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 into 2, large volume catalysts in front of chrome-plated silencers
- Final drive: Shaft
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel, twin spine
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, steel (houses drive shaft)
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke, 17 x 3.5 in.
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke, 16 x 7.5 in.
- Front Tires: 150/80 R17
- Rear Tires: 240/50 R16
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 43 mm upside down forks, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba black spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload, 105 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 320 mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 316 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: Analogue speedometer featuring LCD odometer, trip information, clock and analogue tachometer featuring fuel level indicator, gear position indicator
Dimensions and Weights
- Width Handlebars: 38.2 in. (970 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 45.9 in. (1165 mm)
- Seat Height: 29.5 in. (750 mm)
- Wheelbase: 66.7 in. (1695 mm)
- Rake: 32 deg.
- Trail: 5.8 in. (148 mm)
- Dry Weight: 736 lb. (334 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 6.3 US gal.
- Urban: 28.6 US mpg
- Constant Speed 56mph/90kph: 44.7 US mpg
- Constant Speed 75mph/120kph: 35.9 US mpg
- Engine Type
- DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 101.6 mm x 94.3 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with twin butterflies and progressive linkage on primary butterflies
- Front Suspension
- Kayaba 43 mm upside down forks, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Kayaba black spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload, 105 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 320 mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 316 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- 150/80 R17
- Rear Tire
- 240/50 R16
- 66.7 in. (1695 mm)
- Seat Height
- 29.5 in. (750 mm)
- 32 deg.
- 5.8 in. (148 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.3 US gal.
- Urban: 28.6 mpg; 56mph/90kph: 44.7 mpg; 75mph/120kph: 35.9 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 736 lb. (334 kg)
- Final Drive
- Matt Phantom Black