Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Suzuki RM-Z450
The RM-Z450 continues to evolve for 2016, delivering a higher level of performance while maintaining the great balance of the current model. The 449cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine along with new performance upgrades straight from the factory is the reason why champions choose Suzuki!
- Refined for further rider control, the Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch system derived from the factory race bike to help riders’ takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three modes riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions.
- A Mode: For hard surfaces or less than ideal conditions at the starting gate, hold down the S-HAC switch for more than 0.7 seconds
- B Mode: When there is better traction and a more aggressive launch is needed, hold down the S-HAC switch for more than 1.8 seconds.
- Base Mode: Standard power launch, no action required on the S-HAC switch.
- The SFF-Air suspension evolved from the SFF system but without a conventional coil spring resulting in reduced weight, increased inner tube diameter and damper rod/piston size. SFF-Air utilizes three tunable chambers so riders can easily adjust the spring rate with an air pump instead of changing out steel springs.
- New light weight front brake caliper reduces mass while still providing outstanding stopping force.
- 449cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine delivers phenomenal idle-to-redline performance
- The compact aluminum cylinder is finished with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- The piston pin has Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface treatment, for less friction and increased durability.
- 449cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine developed to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline performance
- Designed for motocross-use, the lightweight, battery-less, electronic fuel injection system with progressive throttle linkage delivers efficient power. A 12-hole fuel injector sprays a fine fuel/air mist for efficient combustion.
- For quick fuel adjustments to suit riding conditions, two couplers are provided. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Riders can change fuel settings in seconds by simply connecting either coupler to the wire harness.
- Engine starting is easy due to a long kick starter lever, refined internal gears, and decompression system that works precisely and efficiently.
- Cooling performance is efficient with hose routing that is balanced between the left and right radiators, and a high capacity coolant pump.
- Refined 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation. The transmission feel has been improved with a revised shift cam for accurate gear selection. Specialized machining processes increase the precision of the matching gears.
- The frame has increased rigidity and reduced weight from previous generation RM-Z450.
- Slim chassis design creates a trim riding position, allowing the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- The SHOWA rear shock, with rising-rate linkage system, provides 12.2 inches of wheel travel and complements the SFF-Air fork.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to EXCEL aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes.
- The standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration more than conventional aluminum handlebars.
- Bright Champion Yellow bodywork with race team-inspired graphics package.
- Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns, aids rider control
- Engine: 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore Stroke: 96.0mm (3.78 in.) x 62.1mm (2.4 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Starter: Primary kick
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID525V9, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow / Solid Black
- Ignition: Electronic Ignition (CDI)
- Overall Length: 2190 mm (86.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1495 mm (58.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 955 mm (37.6 in.)
- Curb Weight: 112 kg (247 lb.)
- Warranty: No Warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.78 x 2.4 in. (96.0 x 62.1mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Electronic Ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 247 lb. (112 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.6 US gal. (6.2 L)
- 58.9 in. (1495 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in. (325 mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in. (955 mm)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID525V9, 114 links
- Champion Yellow / Solid Black
- No Warranty