Inventory Unit Detail
2015 Harley-Davidson® XL1200X Forty-Eight®
- Fat Front Wheel: A beefy front end with a tall, fat MT90 tire gives the Forty-Eight® model a grounding visual equal to that of a 1950 Mercury. Custom rubber reminiscent of the lead-sled culture. A dominating presence up front that provides a smooth ride and solid handling.
- Slammed Handlebar, Speedo and Under Mount Mirrors: The slammed black drag-style handlebar with speedo and under mount mirrors adds to the stripped down, minimal look of the Forty-Eight® motorcycle. Inspired by the way hot rod pioneers used to slam their rides, the drag style handlebar is an old-school garage feature that demands a forward, aggressive riding position.
- Clean Rear End Styling: When the look is fast and smooth, details count and clutter doesn’t make the cut. We carefully crafted the rear end with retro-styled Stop-Turn-Tail lights and a side-mounted license plate to leave the fender surface clean and uncluttered for an authentically raw, custom look. And while the lamps may look old-school, it's their new-school engineering that keeps things clean, packing stop, turn and running beams into each bullet.
- Classic Peanut Fuel Tank: First appearing on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1948—and providing the inspiration for the Forty-Eight® model name—the small 2.1 gallon tapered peanut fuel tank holds strong today with its traditional styling and modern attitude. A low, powerful bulldog look that gives way for showcasing more engine, the peanut fuel tank is attitude and looks all balled up into one.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with chrome rocker covers, while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 1200c Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike’s brakes. This is why we gave the brake system of each Sportster model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you’ll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing these hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what’s over the next ridge and not what’s under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We’ve added other features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle “start” switch as all Sportster models are keyless. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it’s tiny things like these that make a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every Sportster® model is a body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We’ve also added a voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the Sportster® motorcycles are wired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. This closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- Tach and Gear Indicator Readout: Even though none of us would want to admit it, from time to time, we've all had to kick our shift lever back down to 1 to figure out what gear we were in. The Sportster® models get a speedometer with a gear indicator readout and a tachometer you can active with your trip switch. You've got all the information you need to keep it in the power band at the touch of a finger.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you’ll need a little extra braking power. That’s why optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) are available on all Sportster models. ABS improves overall braking performance, and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what’s the point of stopping if you can’t make a few heads turn?
- Low Seat & Slammed Suspension: The combination of a lowered front and rear suspension together with a low solo seat—just 26 inches high—provides confidence for riders of all sizes and experience. A responsive ride for whipping through town or busting out onto the interstate.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the Forty-Eight® model, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- Length: 88.8 in. (2,255 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26 in. (660 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28 in. (710 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30
- Trail: 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.8 in. (1,520 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 73H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 540 lb. (245 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 562 lb. (255 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.4 cu.in. (1,202 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered shorty with dual slash-cut mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black Steel Laced
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black Steel Laced
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 70.8 ft-lb (96 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 27.8
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 26.1
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 48 mpg (4.9 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: 4-inch Speedometer mounted low and integrated into handlebar clamp
- Engine Type
- 73.4 cu.in. (1,202 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 59.8 in. (1,520 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26 in. (660 mm); Unladen: 28 in. (710 mm)
- 30 deg.
- 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 540 lb. (245 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Vivid Black