Inventory Unit Detail
2011 Aprilia 750 Shiver
A bike both strongly aggressive and at the same time clean-cut and elegant, in perfect Aprilia style. A bike at the top of its class for its sporty personality, designed on the basis of the know-how of a company which has to date won 250 world championship victories. The pride of all Aprilia bikes, refined mechanics and a top class chassis, are once again the key to the success of the Shiver 750.
The Aprilia Shiver 750 is the naked everyone was waiting for. A design able to satisfy the disparate needs of those buying this type of bike. From everyday use to a trip along mountain passes or use on the racetrack, the Aprilia Shiver 750 is completely at home in any situation, guaranteeing pure riding pleasure at all times. Light, agile and powerful, it has a new generation engine and the most advanced technical features in its class. The brand new 90° V2 produced entirely in-house by Aprilia is extremely compact. Above all, thanks to the advanced electronic management, it can deliver a level of power comparable to four cylinder engines in the same class, but with much more favourable torque at low revs for an efficient and pleasing ride even on everyday routes.
True to the Aprilia tradition, the chassis simply has no rivals in its class. The innovative mixed trellis/aluminium frame provides standard setting rigidity. All this makes the bike extremely compact, perfect even for the beginner.
With a dry weight of just 189 kg, the lightness of the Aprilia Shiver 750 also satisfies the most canny motorcyclist. Its maneuverability and engine performance enable the bike to accompany its owner from his first few metres on two wheels up to his complete motorcycling maturity.
The front and rear braking circuits both use aeronautical metal braid hoses to eliminate the pressure variations associated with conventional rubber brake lines,guaranteeing maximum braking precision for a top level system.
- 90° V2 engine with four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft and liquid cooling
- Ride-by-Wire technology for electronic control of the throttle bodies
- Electronic fuel injection with latest generation injectors
- Mixed gear and chain valve timing
- Three way catalytic converter on the exhaust, with Lambda oxygen sensor
- Modular trellis/aluminium frame for high torsional rigidity
- Aluminium swingarm with reinforcement truss and lateral shock absorber
- 43 mm upside down fork
- Racing brakes with radial caliper at front
- The Matrix instrument panel: the combined digital and analog instrument panel receives all the data over a CAN line and acts as an integral part of theself-diagnostics system as it also has a memory. The design is extremely modern, compact and lightweight. All functions can be switched by means of the handlebar control.The LED backlighting can be adjusted to three levels: white in the analogue zone and red in the digital zone.
- The biconical aluminium handlebars are a direct reference to the handlebars of the Tuono, Aprilia's naked flagship. Maximum lightness and maximum control. A top-quality component no other bike in its class can boast.
- The double parabola front light has complex surfaces and a double parking light.
- The advanced hydraulically operated clutch ensures constantly precise action and amazingly smooth engagement, and offers all the convenience of self-adjustment formaintenance free use.
- Engine: Aprilia V90 Four stroke longitudinal 90° V twin. Liquid cooling. Double overhead camshaft with mixed gear/chain drive; four valves per cylinder. Euro 3.
- Fuel: Unleaded petrol
- Bore x Stroke: 92 x 56.4 mm
- Total displacement: 749.9 cc
- Compression ratio: 11:1
- Maximum power at the crank: 95 HP at 9000 rpm
- Maximum torque at the crank: 8.25 kgm at 7000 rpm
- Fuel system: Integrated engine management system. Injection with Ride by Wire technology control of the throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital electronic, integrated with the injection
- Starting: Electric
- Exhaust: Two in one system in 100% stainless steel with three-way catalytic converter and Lambda probe
- Generator: 450 W at 6000 rpm
- Lubrification: Wet sump
- Gear box: six speed, transmission ratio: 1° 36/14 (2.57) 2° 32/17 (1.88) 3° 30/20 (1.5) 4° 28/22 (1.27) 5° 24/25 (0.96) 6° 23/26 (0.88)
- Clutch: Multi-plate in oil bath, hydraulically operated
- Primary drive: Spur gears, transmission ratio: 60/31 (1.75)
- Final drive: Chain Transmission ratio: 16/44
- Frame: Modular steel trellis connected with high strength bolts to aluminium side plates. Detachable rear frame.
- Front suspension: 43 mm upside-down fork. 120 mm wheel travel.
- Rear suspension: Aluminium alloy swingarm with reinforcement truss. Hydraulic shock absorber adjustable in spring preload and rebound damping. Wheel travel: 130 mm
- Brakes: Front: Double stainless steel floating disc (Ø 320 mm). Four piston radial calipers. Metal braided brake line. Rear: Stainless steel disc (Ø 240 mm) with single piston caliper. Metal braided brake line.
- Wheels: In aluminium alloy Front: 3.50 X 17 in. Rear: 6.00 X 17 in.
- Tyres: Radial tubeless; front: 120/70 ZR 17 rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Overall length: 2265 mm
- Overall width: 800 mm (at handlebars)
- Overall height: 1135 mm (at instruments)
- Seat height: 810 mm
- Wheelbase: 1440 mm
- Trail: 109 mm
- Rake angle: 25.7°
- Dry weight: 189 Kg
- Fuel tank capacity: 16 l
- Engine Type
- Aprilia V90 Four stroke longitudinal 90° V twin. Liquid cooling. Double overhead camshaft with mixed gear/chain drive; four valves per cylinder. Euro 3.
- 749.9 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 92 x 56.4 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital electronic, integrated with the injection
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm upside-down fork. 120 mm wheel travel.
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminium alloy swingarm with reinforcement truss. Hydraulic shock absorber adjustable in spring preload and rebound damping. Wheel travel 130 mm
- Front Brakes
- Double stainless steel floating disc (Ø 320 mm). Four piston radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Stainless steel disc (Ø 240 mm) with single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17 Radial tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17 Radial tubeless
- 1440 mm
- Seat Height
- 810 mm
- 109 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 16 l
- Dry Weight
- 189 Kg
- Spur gears, transmission ratio 60/31 (1.75)
- Final Drive
- Chain Transmission ratio 16/44
- Aprilia Black, Silver Crowd